Save the date and put on your running shoes!
The 2013 Kaiser Permanente Colfax Marathon dates are set:
Colfax 5K is Saturday, May 18th
Colfax full, half and relay marathons and the Urban 10 Miler are Sunday, May 19th
Volunteer on Sunday, May 19th
Denver Kids, Inc. is proud to be a Charity Partner in the 2013 Colfax Marathon. The purpose of DaVita Charity Partners Program is to allow supporters to run and raise funds for their favorite Charity Partner organization - like Denver Kids, Inc.
All runners are encouraged to fundraise for Denver Kids, Inc. In fact, our goal is to raise $30,000 (last year, runners raised $30,499). Don't worry, we'll provide lots of support (and incentives) along the way.
Goal: raise $30,000 --- Current total: $10,685
Goal: 50 runners/fundraisers --- Current total: 23 runner
Goal: 20 Water Station Volunteers --- Current total: 28 Volunteers
Goal: 2 Charity Partner Village Volunteers --- Current total: 1 Volunteer
Support the fundraising efforts of our runners and volunteers: https://www.givingfirst.org/DenverKidsInc2013ColfaxMarathon
Interested in running with Denver Kids, Inc.? Here are the steps:
* Put a team together for the marathon relay or select an individual race to run.
* Visit the Colfax Marathon website (http://www.coloradocolfaxmarathon.org) to check out the courses (the half marathon has a new course - that goes through the Denver Zoo!).
* Click here to register directly with the Kaiser Permanente Colfax Marathon. (Register early! The price increases on March 21st.)
* When asked if you are running for a Charity Partner, select Yes
* Select Denver Kids, Inc. in the Charity Partners drop-down menu
* Send an email or call Michelle Maldonado (Michelle_Maldonado@dpsk12.org or 720-423-8195) letting us know that you are registered for the race and we'll you set up with a fundraising page and help you get started.
* Start fundraising and start training!
What do we ask of Team Members?
* To help raise money to support the programs of Denver Kids, Inc. Our goal is to raise $30,000!
* Proudly wear your Denver Kids, Inc. Charity Partners back bib during your race (provided by the Colfax Marathon)
What we provide our runners:
* Lots of help with your fundraising efforts: we'll provide you with a fundraising webpage, a sample fundraising letter, a facts/stats sheet about Denver Kids, Inc., and lot of fundraising tips leading up to the race.
* Incentives to keep you motivated in your fundraising efforts.
* Prizes for the top fundraisers.
* A Team Denver Kids, Inc. marathon-post party.
* Opportunities to participate in training runs.
We're all set on volunteers - additional volunteers aren't needed.
Questions? Need more information?
Contact Michelle Maldonado at Michelle_Maldonado@dspk12.org or 720-423-8195.
Thank you all 2012 Denver Kids, Inc. Colfax Runners and Volunteers
Goal: $30,000 ----- $30,499 raised
Goal: 60 runners/fundraisers ---- 73 runners participated
Goal: 20 volunteers ---- 20 volunteers
On May 19th and 20th, eighty-four runners and twenty volunteers represented Denver Kids, Inc. in the 2012 Kaiser Permanente Colfax Marathon. On Saturday the 19th, five 5K runners, including one Denver Kids, Inc. student, raced through City Park in support of the organization while seventy-nine runners were up bright and early on Sunday the 20th and ran anywhere from 3.95 to 26.2 miles. Starting before dawn, twenty volunteers set up the Denver Kids, Inc. water station at Sloan's Lake and provided much needed support and hydration to thousands of passing runners.
In addition to the amazing dedication of the runners and volunteers that made Denver Kids, Inc.’s participation in the marathon a huge success, seventy-three runners participated in fundraising efforts in support of Denver Kids, Inc. programs, bringing in $28,999. The Denver Kids, Inc. fundraising total increased to $30,499 when the organization was awarded $1,500 on behalf the Corporate Co-Ed Relay Team, Archstone, who won second place in their division and selected Denver Kids, Inc. as their Corporate Cup Charity Partner. Since 2008, Denver Kids, Inc. runners have raised over $118,000 - enabling 118 students to receive the support and services they need to succeed in school.
Thank you to our Colfax Marathon Committee, Eric Gutknecht, Steve Nederveld and Andy Tiehen, as well as the hundreds of people who provided financial sponsorship to those individuals and teams representing Denver Kids, Inc. in the Colfax 5K and Marathon. In addition, Dave Andersen, the Colorado Rapids, the Colorado Rockies, Comedy Works, Continental Sausage, The Curtis Hotel, The Denver Center for the Performing Arts, Zoological Foundation, Embassy Suites Denver Downtown Convention Center, The Fort, Hyatt Regency Denver at Colorado Convention Center, Marlowe's, Kristopher Reardon, Southwest Airlines, the Tiehen Family, and Tommyknocker Brewery deserve special recognition for providing in-kind donations in support of the Denver Kids, Inc. runners and volunteers.